50 First Dates is a 2004 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by Peter Segal and starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore with Rob Schneider, Sean Astin, and Dan Aykroyd in supporting parts. A womanizing marine veterinarian named Henry falls in love with an art teacher named Lucy in the film. As soon as he realizes she suffers from amnesia, he vows to try to win her back each day.
Windward and North Shore areas of Oahu in Hawaii were used extensively in the filmmaking process. MTV named Sandler and Barrymore Best On-Screen Team. It is a fake memory ailment, “Goldfield’s Syndrome,” akin to short-term memory loss and anterograde amnesia exhibited by Barrymore’s character.
50 First Dates Plot
A veterinarian at Sea Life Park on Oahu, Henry Roth is known for his work with marine animals. Ula, a marijuana-smoking Islander; Alexa, his androgynous assistant; Willy, his pet African penguin; and Jocko, a walrus are his closest buddies. After his boat broke down, Henry went to the Hukilau Café to await the arrival of the Coast Guard.
His eyes are drawn to Lucy Whitmore’s waffle creations. On his way back to the hotel the next day, Henry meets up with her for breakfast. He assumes she is a local, which prevents him from introducing himself. Lucinda wants to meet him again the next day in the morning. Lucy has no recall of ever meeting Henry when he sits down for their breakfast date. Sue, the proprietor of the restaurant, tells Henry that Lucy and her father Marlin traveled to the North Shore a year ago to pick a pineapple for Henry’s birthday, and it was a success.
Lucy was left with anterograde amnesia after a vehicle accident on the way home. Re-enacting Marlin’s birthday with Doug, Lucy’s lisping steroid-addicted brother prevents Marlin from remembering the accident.
50 First Dates Cast
- Henry Roth (Adam Sandler), a marine veterinarian with a propensity for seducing women and a phobia of commitment, is played by Adam Sandler in the film.
- Conceived and portrayed by Drew Barrymore as Henry’s love interest, Lucy Whitmore, who has short-term memory loss.
- As Henry’s affluent native Hawaiian assistant and best friend Ula, played by Rob Schneider, he is an unhappy husband and father of five athletically gifted children.
- In the role of Doug Whitmore, Lucy’s older brother and a bodybuilder who uses steroids and speaks with a lisp, we see Sean Astin.
- As Marlin Whitmore, Lucy’s father, a professional fisherman, Blake Clark portrays the role.
- As Henry’s ambiguous helper Alexa, Lusia Strus portrays Lusia Strus
- In the role of Dr. Joseph Keats, played by Dan Aykroyd, an expert in neurological diseases.
- In the film, Amy Hill portrays Sue, the manager of the Hukilau Café, a friend of Lucy and her mother.
- Nick, the Hukilau café’s chef, is played by Pomaika’i Brown.
How to Watch 50 First Dates
50 First Dates is currently available on Paramount+. Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, and Google Play all have 50 First Dates available for streaming.
Watch 50 First Dates Movie Free: January 2022 Update
This is the greatest time of year to watch romantic comedies because Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Lucy, an art teacher who has amnesia and whose memory resets daily, is pursued by Henry, a womanizer for the first time in his life who settles for only one woman.
Are 50 First Dates on Netflix?
To watch this movie with your significant other while relaxing on Netflix would be a great idea because it can be streamed. Netflix offers a wide range of subscription options, each with a different price tag: $8.99 for the basic plan, $13.99 for the standard plan, and $17.99 for the premium plan.
Are 50 First Dates on Hulu?
50 First Dates is accessible on Hulu, but exclusively to subscribers of Hulu Plus. Subscription prices will rise in the following ways: The ad-supported version costs between $5.99 and $6.99 per month. From $11.99 per month to $12.99 per month, the ad-free version will be more expensive. There is no change in the pricing of the Hulu + Live TV service, which costs $13.99.
If so, where can you watch it?
Amazon Prime Video does carry 50 First Dates, but you’ll either have to pay $3.99 to rent it or $7.99 to buy a copy of it.